In this first animated Short you will meet Lydia, a 10 year old girl who is being cared for at the Children’s Hospital. Through Lydia's story and interactions with her physician Sam, you will learn about the catalytic role that beneficence--an active response,arising from a person’s virtues, that acknowledges and desires to address a person’s suffering-- plays in creating the conditions where compassion can flourish.
- Free Open Access to the original Pediatric Compassion Model research article, can be downloaded from https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.5737
- Illustrations and videography courtesy of Luca Li Digital Design www.lucayangli.com
- Funding for this study was provided by C17 Research Council in partnership with Childhood Cancer Canada
- Visit the Compassion Research Lab at www.drshanesinclair.com
- To learn or obtain the Sinclair Compassion Questionnaire (SCQ) visit www.compassionmeasure.com